Expatriate's Welfare Desk, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka
Expatriate's Welfare Desk, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka Expatriates Welfare Desk, under the supervision of Ministry of Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment, is entirely dedicated to serve the expatriates workers. The officers employed at this desk provide overall assistance to the expatriates at any stage of their exit with cordial and cooperative attitude. Per day an average of 3500 to 8000 foreign going and arriving passengers take cooperation from this desk to a large extent.
Activities of Expatriate's Welfare Desk, HSIA, Dhaka:
1. Expatriate's who are going to abroad for employment & holding BMET Card are being verified at Expatriate's Welfare Desk.
2. In response of safe orderly and regular migration expatriate's welfare desk discourage the worker who have not taken BMET Clearance Card and (most of the cases they are offloaded).
3. Expatriate's Welfare Desk gives 35000/- TK by account payee cheque to the heirs of dead expatriate's. 4. Expatriate's Welfare Desk have two Ambulances for transportation of sick worker and dead bodies in accordance with the rules of Ambulance management of Wage Earner's Welfare Board (WE WB).
5. KSA bound worker who are on leave at Bangladesh and going back to their work, have to verify their exit re-entry visa from Expatriate's Welfare Desk.
6. The worker get support and suggestion from Expatriate's Welfare Desk at the point of Arrival and Departure.
7. Sick and mentally distress worker get support from Expatriate's Welfare Desk and they are handed over to their kin.
8. Serious sick worker can get Ambulance support to the hospital from Airport.
9. Expatriate's worker get temporary residence support at Banghobondhu Wage Earner's Center by assistance of Expatriate's Welfare Desk.
10. Expatriate's Welfare Desk support the worker in various aspects such as print out the documents visa verification and help the worker to get boarding card from the checking counter.